Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 20 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt b/Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt
index 7345c338080a..89bf8c20a586 100644
@@ -50,7 +50,6 @@ show up in /proc/sys/kernel:
- shmmax [ sysv ipc ]
- stop-a [ SPARC only ]
- sysrq ==> Documentation/sysrq.txt
@@ -310,25 +309,6 @@ kernel. This value defaults to SHMMAX.
-This value can be used to query and set the core dump mode for setuid
-or otherwise protected/tainted binaries. The modes are
-0 - (default) - traditional behaviour. Any process which has changed
- privilege levels or is execute only will not be dumped
-1 - (debug) - all processes dump core when possible. The core dump is
- owned by the current user and no security is applied. This is
- intended for system debugging situations only. Ptrace is unchecked.
-2 - (suidsafe) - any binary which normally would not be dumped is dumped
- readable by root only. This allows the end user to remove
- such a dump but not access it directly. For security reasons
- core dumps in this mode will not overwrite one another or
- other files. This mode is appropriate when adminstrators are
- attempting to debug problems in a normal environment.
Non-zero if the kernel has been tainted. Numeric values, which